News

News

Security services see no direct threat to Bulgaria

Monday, 27 July 2026, 15:11

Security services see no direct threat to Bulgaria

PHOTO Council of Ministers' press service

Font size

Security at Bezmer Air Base has been stepped up, Bulgaria's airspace is under increased protection and measures have been taken to ensure public safety, the government press office said after a working meeting chaired by Prime Minister Rumen Radev on the security environment and the challenges it poses for the country.

The meeting concluded that there was no direct threat to Bulgaria's security. The authorities remain in constant contact with regional partners and NATO to receive timely warning of any escalation of the conflicts in the Middle East or Ukraine, BNR reporter Marta Mladenova said.

Last week, parliament approved the stationing of up to eight U.S. Boeing KC-135 aerial refuelling aircraft and up to 250 military personnel at Bezmer Air Base.


Editor: Miglena Ivanova